When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Shady Grove.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Shady Grove. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Shady Grove.
Large Airports ...
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Hartsfield - Jackson Intl. (ATL/KATL)
- Nashville Intl. (BNA/KBNA)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Pensacola Rgnl. (PNS/KPNS)
- Northwest Florida Rgnl. (VPS/KVPS)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Tuscaloosa Rgnl. (TCL/KTCL)
- Huntsville Intl. (HSV/KHSV)
- Northwest Alabama Rgnl. (MSL/KMSL)
- Montgomery Rgnl. (MGM/KMGM)
- Roanoke Muni. (FAA ID: 7A5)
- Roanoke Municipal Airport lies 99 miles [159.3 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Shady Grove.
- Official website: https://www.flyroa.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roanoke Municipal Airport
General Aviation Airports ...
- Bessemer Airport (FAA ID: EKY)
- Bessemer Airport lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Shady Grove.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bessemer Airport
- Walker Co. Airport (FAA ID: JFX)
- Walker County Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Shady Grove.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Walker County Airport
- Shelby Co. Airport (ICAO: KEET)
- Winston Co. Airport (FAA ID: 3M2)
- Double Springs - Winston County Airport lies 42 miles [67.6 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Shady Grove.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Double Springs - Winston County Airport
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Addison Muni. (FAA ID: 2A8)
- Addison Municipal Airport lies 43 miles [69.2 km]<2> miles to the north of Shady Grove.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Addison Municipal Airport
- St. Clair Co. Airport (FAA ID: PLR)
- Saint Clair County Airport lies 43 miles [69.2 km]<2> miles to the east of Shady Grove.
- Official website: www.plrairport.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Clair County Airport
- Robbins Fld. (FAA ID: 20A)
- Robbins Field lies 44 miles [70.8 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Shady Grove.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Robbins Field
- Bibb Co. Airport (FAA ID: 0A8)
- Bibb County Airport lies 45 miles [72.4 km]<2> miles to the south of Shady Grove.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bibb County Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alabama Community
About Jefferson County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Shady Grove. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Jefferson County: www.jeffcointouch.com/
The official website for State of Alabama: https://www.alabama.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Shady Grove), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Shady Grove) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Shady Grove. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.5932, Longitude: -87.0033 In this case, the coordinates for Shady Grove have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).