When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Searles.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Searles. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Searles.
Large Airports ...
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Hartsfield - Jackson Intl. (ATL/KATL)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Nashville Intl. (BNA/KBNA)
- Pensacola Rgnl. (PNS/KPNS)
- Northwest Florida Rgnl. (VPS/KVPS)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Tuscaloosa Rgnl. (TCL/KTCL)
- Montgomery Rgnl. (MGM/KMGM)
- Huntsville Intl. (HSV/KHSV)
- Northwest Alabama Rgnl. (MSL/KMSL)
- Roanoke Muni. (FAA ID: 7A5)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Bessemer Airport (FAA ID: EKY)
- Bessemer Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the east of Searles.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bessemer Airport
- Bibb Co. Airport (FAA ID: 0A8)
- Bibb County Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Searles.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bibb County Airport
- Shelby Co. Airport (ICAO: KEET)
- Richard Arthur Fld. (FAA ID: M95)
- Richard Arthur Field lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Searles.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richard Arthur Field
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Walker Co. Airport (FAA ID: JFX)
- Walker County Airport lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> miles to the north of Searles.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Walker County Airport
- North Pickens Airport (FAA ID: 3M8)
- North Pickens Airport lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> miles to the west of Searles.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Pickens Airport
- Eutaw Muni. (FAA ID: 3A7)
- Eutaw Municipal Airport lies 46 miles [74 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Searles.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eutaw Municipal Airport
- Greensboro Muni. (FAA ID: 7A0)
- Greensboro Municipal Airport lies 48 miles [77.2 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Searles.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greensboro Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alabama Community
About Tuscaloosa County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Searles. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Tuscaloosa County: www.co.tuscaloosa.al.us/
The official website for State of Alabama: https://www.alabama.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Searles), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Searles) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Searles. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.3243, Longitude: -87.3217 In this case, the coordinates for Searles have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).