When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Scarlet Town.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Scarlet Town. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Scarlet Town.
Large Airports ...
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Hartsfield - Jackson Intl. (ATL/KATL)
- Nashville Intl. (BNA/KBNA)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Pensacola Rgnl. (PNS/KPNS)
- Northwest Florida Rgnl. (VPS/KVPS)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Tuscaloosa Rgnl. (TCL/KTCL)
- Huntsville Intl. (HSV/KHSV)
- Northwest Alabama Rgnl. (MSL/KMSL)
- Roanoke Muni. (FAA ID: 7A5)
- Roanoke Municipal Airport lies 93 miles [149.7 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Scarlet Town.
- Official website: https://www.flyroa.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roanoke Municipal Airport
- Montgomery Rgnl. (MGM/KMGM)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Bessemer Airport (FAA ID: EKY)
- Bessemer Airport lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the south of Scarlet Town.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bessemer Airport
- Shelby Co. Airport (ICAO: KEET)
- Walker Co. Airport (FAA ID: JFX)
- Walker County Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Scarlet Town.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Walker County Airport
- St. Clair Co. Airport (FAA ID: PLR)
- Saint Clair County Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the east of Scarlet Town.
- Official website: www.plrairport.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Clair County Airport
- Continue List (12 more) ...
- Robbins Fld. (FAA ID: 20A)
- Robbins Field lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Scarlet Town.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Robbins Field
- Addison Muni. (FAA ID: 2A8)
- Addison Municipal Airport lies 44 miles [70.8 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Scarlet Town.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Addison Municipal Airport
- Winston Co. Airport (FAA ID: 3M2)
- Double Springs - Winston County Airport lies 44 miles [70.8 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Scarlet Town.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Double Springs - Winston County Airport
- Sylacauga Muni. (ICAO: KSCD)
- Folsom Fld. (3A1/K3A1)
- Bibb Co. Airport (FAA ID: 0A8)
- Bibb County Airport lies 47 miles [75.6 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Scarlet Town.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bibb County Airport
- Talladega Muni. (FAA ID: ASN)
- Talladega Municipal Airport lies 48 miles [77.2 km]<2> miles to the east of Scarlet Town.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Talladega Municipal Airport
- Northeast Alabama Rgnl. (ICAO: KGAD)
- Richard Arthur Fld. (FAA ID: M95)
- Richard Arthur Field lies 53 miles [85.3 km]<2> miles to the west of Scarlet Town.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richard Arthur Field
- Gragg - Wade Fld. (FAA ID: 02A)
- Gragg - Wade Field lies 54 miles [86.9 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Scarlet Town.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gragg - Wade Field
- Rountree Fld. (FAA ID: 5M0)
- Rountree Field lies 55 miles [88.5 km]<2> miles to the north of Scarlet Town.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rountree Field
- Albertville Rgnl. (ICAO: K8A0)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alabama
About Jefferson County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Scarlet Town. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Jefferson County: www.jeffcointouch.com/
The official website for State of Alabama: https://www.alabama.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Scarlet Town), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Scarlet Town) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Scarlet Town. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Scarlet Town
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Scarlet Town. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.6045, Longitude: -86.8917 In this case, the coordinates for Scarlet Town have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).