When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Samaria.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Samaria. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Samaria.
Large Airports ...
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Hartsfield - Jackson Intl. (ATL/KATL)
- Northwest Florida Rgnl. (VPS/KVPS)
- Pensacola Rgnl. (PNS/KPNS)
- Nashville Intl. (BNA/KBNA)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Montgomery Rgnl. (MGM/KMGM)
- Tuscaloosa Rgnl. (TCL/KTCL)
- Roanoke Muni. (FAA ID: 7A5)
- Roanoke Municipal Airport lies 76 miles [122.3 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Samaria.
- Official website: https://www.flyroa.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roanoke Municipal Airport
- Columbus Metro Airport (CSG/KCSG)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Gragg - Wade Fld. (FAA ID: 02A)
- Gragg - Wade Field lies 2 miles [3.2 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Samaria.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gragg - Wade Field
- Shelby Co. Airport (ICAO: KEET)
- Wetumpka Muni. (FAA ID: 08A)
- Wetumpka Municipal Airport lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Samaria.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wetumpka Municipal Airport
- Prattville - Grouby Fld. (FAA ID: 1A9)
- Prattville - Grouby Field lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Samaria.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Prattville - Grouby Field
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Autauga Co. Airport
- Autauga County Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Samaria.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Autauga County Airport
- Bibb Co. Airport (FAA ID: 0A8)
- Bibb County Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Samaria.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bibb County Airport
- Sylacauga Muni. (ICAO: KSCD)
- Craig Fld. (ICAO: KSEM)
- Bessemer Airport (FAA ID: EKY)
- Bessemer Airport lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Samaria.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bessemer Airport
- Coosa Co. Airport
- Coosa County Airport lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Samaria.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coosa County Airport
- Thomas C. Russell Fld. (ICAO: KALX)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alabama
About Chilton County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Samaria. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alabama: https://www.alabama.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Samaria), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Samaria) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Samaria. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.8190, Longitude: -86.6319 In this case, the coordinates for Samaria have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).