When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Saddlewood.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Saddlewood. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Saddlewood.
Large Airports ...
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Hartsfield - Jackson Intl. (ATL/KATL)
- Nashville Intl. (BNA/KBNA)
- McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS/KTYS)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Northwest Florida Rgnl. (VPS/KVPS)
- Pensacola Rgnl. (PNS/KPNS)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Tuscaloosa Rgnl. (TCL/KTCL)
- Huntsville Intl. (HSV/KHSV)
- Roanoke Muni. (FAA ID: 7A5)
- Roanoke Municipal Airport lies 78 miles [125.5 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Saddlewood.
- Official website: https://www.flyroa.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roanoke Municipal Airport
- Montgomery Rgnl. (MGM/KMGM)
- Northwest Alabama Rgnl. (MSL/KMSL)
General Aviation Airports ...
- St. Clair Co. Airport (FAA ID: PLR)
- Saint Clair County Airport lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Saddlewood.
- Official website: www.plrairport.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Clair County Airport
- Robbins Fld. (FAA ID: 20A)
- Robbins Field lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Saddlewood.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Robbins Field
- Bessemer Airport (FAA ID: EKY)
- Bessemer Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Saddlewood.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bessemer Airport
- Talladega Muni. (FAA ID: ASN)
- Talladega Municipal Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the east of Saddlewood.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Talladega Municipal Airport
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Shelby Co. Airport (ICAO: KEET)
- Gadsden Muni.
- Gadsden Municipal Airport lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Saddlewood.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gadsden Municipal Airport
- Northeast Alabama Rgnl. (ICAO: KGAD)
- Sylacauga Muni. (ICAO: KSCD)
- Anniston Metro Airport (ANB/KANB)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alabama
About Jefferson County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Saddlewood. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Jefferson County: www.jeffcointouch.com/
The official website for State of Alabama: https://www.alabama.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Saddlewood), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Saddlewood) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Saddlewood. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.6470, Longitude: -86.5717 In this case, the coordinates for Saddlewood have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).