When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Rutherford.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Rutherford. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Rutherford.
Large Airports ...
- Hartsfield - Jackson Intl. (ATL/KATL)
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Northwest Florida Rgnl. (VPS/KVPS)
- Pensacola Rgnl. (PNS/KPNS)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Columbus Metro Airport (CSG/KCSG)
- Dothan Rgnl. (DHN/KDHN)
- Montgomery Rgnl. (MGM/KMGM)
- Roanoke Muni. (FAA ID: 7A5)
- Roanoke Municipal Airport lies 64 miles [103 km]<2> miles to the north of Rutherford.
- Official website: https://www.flyroa.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roanoke Municipal Airport
- Southwest Georgia Rgnl. (ABY/KABY)
- Middle Georgia Rgnl. (MCN/KMCN)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Weedon Fld. (ICAO: KEUF)
- Clayton Muni. (FAA ID: 11A)
- Clayton Municipal Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Rutherford.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clayton Municipal Airport
- Moton Fld. Muni. (FAA ID: 06A)
- Moton Field Municipal Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Rutherford.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moton Field Municipal Airport
- Franklin Fld. (FAA ID: 07A)
- Franklin Field lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the west of Rutherford.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Franklin Field
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Auburn - Opelika Airport (AUO/KAUO)
- Tallassee Muni.
- Tallassee Municipal Airport lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Rutherford.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tallassee Municipal Airport
- Abbeville Muni. (FAA ID: 0J0)
- Abbeville Municipal Airport lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> miles to the south of Rutherford.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Abbeville Municipal Airport
- Brundidge Muni. (FAA ID: 60A)
- Brundidge Municipal Airport lies 42 miles [67.6 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Rutherford.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brundidge Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alabama
About Russell County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Rutherford. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alabama: https://www.alabama.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Rutherford), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Rutherford) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Rutherford. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.1890, Longitude: -85.3180 In this case, the coordinates for Rutherford have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).