When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Roswell.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Roswell. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Roswell.
Large Airports ...
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Hartsfield - Jackson Intl. (ATL/KATL)
- Nashville Intl. (BNA/KBNA)
- McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS/KTYS)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Huntsville Intl. (HSV/KHSV)
- Northwest Alabama Rgnl. (MSL/KMSL)
- Tuscaloosa Rgnl. (TCL/KTCL)
- Lovell Fld. (CHA/KCHA)
- Roanoke Muni. (FAA ID: 7A5)
- Roanoke Municipal Airport lies 100 miles [160.9 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Roswell.
- Official website: https://www.flyroa.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roanoke Municipal Airport
General Aviation Airports ...
- Albertville Rgnl. (ICAO: K8A0)
- Robbins Fld. (FAA ID: 20A)
- Robbins Field lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Roswell.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Robbins Field
- Folsom Fld. (3A1/K3A1)
- Guntersville Muni. (FAA ID: 8A1)
- Guntersville Municipal Airport lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Roswell.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Guntersville Municipal Airport
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Rountree Fld. (FAA ID: 5M0)
- Rountree Field lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Roswell.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rountree Field
- Gadsden Muni.
- Gadsden Municipal Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Roswell.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gadsden Municipal Airport
- Northeast Alabama Rgnl. (ICAO: KGAD)
- Addison Muni. (FAA ID: 2A8)
- Addison Municipal Airport lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> miles to the west of Roswell.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Addison Municipal Airport
- Madison County Sky Park
- Madison County Sky Park lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the north of Roswell.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Madison County Sky Park
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alabama
About Blount County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Roswell. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Blount County: www.co.blount.al.us/
The official website for State of Alabama: https://www.alabama.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Roswell), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Roswell) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Roswell. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.2076, Longitude: -86.5367 In this case, the coordinates for Roswell have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).