When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Rose Park.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Rose Park. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Rose Park.
Large Airports ...
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Nashville Intl. (BNA/KBNA)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Northwest Alabama Rgnl. (MSL/KMSL)
- Huntsville Intl. (HSV/KHSV)
- John C. Tune Airport (ICAO: KJWN)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Muscle Shoals Rgnl.
- Muscle Shoals Regional Airport lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Rose Park.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Muscle Shoals Regional Airport
- Lawrence Co. Airport (FAA ID: 9A4)
- Lawrence County Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Rose Park.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lawrence County Airport
- Iuka Airport (FAA ID: 15M)
- Iuka Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Rose Park.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Iuka Airport
- Russellville Muni. (FAA ID: M22)
- Russellville Municipal Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the south of Rose Park.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Russellville Municipal Airport
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Lawrenceburg Airport (FAA ID: 2M2)
- Lawrenceburg - Lawrence County Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Rose Park.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lawrenceburg - Lawrence County Airport
- Savannah - Hardin Co. Airport (ICAO: KSNH)
- Tishomingo Co. Airport (FAA ID: 01M)
- Tishomingo County Airport lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Rose Park.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tishomingo County Airport
- Red Bay Muni.
- Red Bay Municipal Airport lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Rose Park.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Bay Municipal Airport
- Hassell Fld. (FAA ID: M29)
- Hassell Field lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Rose Park.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hassell Field
- Posey Fld. (ICAO: K1M4)
- Abernathy Fld. (FAA ID: GZS)
- Abernathy Field lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Rose Park.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Abernathy Field
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alabama
About Lauderdale County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Rose Park. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alabama: https://www.alabama.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Rose Park), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Rose Park) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Rose Park. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.8604, Longitude: -87.6720 In this case, the coordinates for Rose Park have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).