When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Rosa.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Rosa. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Rosa.
Large Airports ...
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Hartsfield - Jackson Intl. (ATL/KATL)
- Nashville Intl. (BNA/KBNA)
- McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS/KTYS)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Huntsville Intl. (HSV/KHSV)
- Northwest Alabama Rgnl. (MSL/KMSL)
- Tuscaloosa Rgnl. (TCL/KTCL)
- Roanoke Muni. (FAA ID: 7A5)
- Roanoke Municipal Airport lies 88 miles [141.6 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Rosa.
- Official website: https://www.flyroa.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roanoke Municipal Airport
- Lovell Fld. (CHA/KCHA)
- Montgomery Rgnl. (MGM/KMGM)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Robbins Fld. (FAA ID: 20A)
- Robbins Field lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> miles to the east of Rosa.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Robbins Field
- Albertville Rgnl. (ICAO: K8A0)
- Gadsden Muni.
- Gadsden Municipal Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the east of Rosa.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gadsden Municipal Airport
- Northeast Alabama Rgnl. (ICAO: KGAD)
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Folsom Fld. (3A1/K3A1)
- Guntersville Muni. (FAA ID: 8A1)
- Guntersville Municipal Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Rosa.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Guntersville Municipal Airport
- St. Clair Co. Airport (FAA ID: PLR)
- Saint Clair County Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Rosa.
- Official website: www.plrairport.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Clair County Airport
- Rountree Fld. (FAA ID: 5M0)
- Rountree Field lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Rosa.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rountree Field
- Talladega Muni. (FAA ID: ASN)
- Talladega Municipal Airport lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Rosa.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Talladega Municipal Airport
- Addison Muni. (FAA ID: 2A8)
- Addison Municipal Airport lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Rosa.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Addison Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alabama
About Blount County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Rosa. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Blount County: www.co.blount.al.us/
The official website for State of Alabama: https://www.alabama.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Rosa), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Rosa) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Rosa. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Rosa
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Rosa. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.9885, Longitude: -86.5036 In this case, the coordinates for Rosa have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).