When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Roosevelt-Cairo Village.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Roosevelt-Cairo Village. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Roosevelt-Cairo Village.
Large Airports ...
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Hartsfield - Jackson Intl. (ATL/KATL)
- Nashville Intl. (BNA/KBNA)
- Pensacola Rgnl. (PNS/KPNS)
- Northwest Florida Rgnl. (VPS/KVPS)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Tuscaloosa Rgnl. (TCL/KTCL)
- Huntsville Intl. (HSV/KHSV)
- Montgomery Rgnl. (MGM/KMGM)
- Roanoke Muni. (FAA ID: 7A5)
- Roanoke Municipal Airport lies 92 miles [148.1 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Roosevelt-Cairo Village.
- Official website: https://www.flyroa.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roanoke Municipal Airport
- Northwest Alabama Rgnl. (MSL/KMSL)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Bessemer Airport (FAA ID: EKY)
- Bessemer Airport lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> miles to the south of Roosevelt-Cairo Village.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bessemer Airport
- Shelby Co. Airport (ICAO: KEET)
- Bibb Co. Airport (FAA ID: 0A8)
- Bibb County Airport lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Roosevelt-Cairo Village.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bibb County Airport
- Walker Co. Airport (FAA ID: JFX)
- Walker County Airport lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Roosevelt-Cairo Village.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Walker County Airport
- St. Clair Co. Airport (FAA ID: PLR)
- Saint Clair County Airport lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> miles to the east of Roosevelt-Cairo Village.
- Official website: www.plrairport.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Clair County Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alabama Community
About Jefferson County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Roosevelt-Cairo Village. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Jefferson County: www.jeffcointouch.com/
The official website for State of Alabama: https://www.alabama.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Roosevelt-Cairo Village), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Roosevelt-Cairo Village) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Roosevelt-Cairo Village. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Roosevelt-Cairo Village
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Roosevelt-Cairo Village. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.4462, Longitude: -86.9183 In this case, the coordinates for Roosevelt-Cairo Village have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).