When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Roland.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Roland. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Roland.
Large Airports ...
- Northwest Florida Rgnl. (VPS/KVPS)
- Pensacola Rgnl. (PNS/KPNS)
- Hartsfield - Jackson Intl. (ATL/KATL)
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Dothan Rgnl. (DHN/KDHN)
- Panama City - Bay County Intl. (PFN/KPFN)
- Southwest Georgia Rgnl. (ABY/KABY)
- Tallahassee Rgnl. (TLH/KTLH)
- Montgomery Rgnl. (MGM/KMGM)
- Columbus Metro Airport (CSG/KCSG)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Headland Muni. (FAA ID: 0J6)
- Headland Municipal Airport lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Roland.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Headland Municipal Airport
- Tri-Co. Airport (FAA ID: 1J0)
- Tri-County Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Roland.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tri-County Airport
- Blackwell Fld. (FAA ID: 71J)
- Blackwell Field lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Roland.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blackwell Field
- Marianna Muni. (ICAO: KMAI)
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Geneva Muni. (FAA ID: 33J)
- Geneva Municipal Airport lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Roland.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Geneva Municipal Airport
- Enterprise Muni. (FAA ID: EDN)
- Enterprise Municipal Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Roland.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Enterprise Municipal Airport
- Donalsonville Muni. (FAA ID: 17J)
- Donalsonville Municipal Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Roland.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Donalsonville Municipal Airport
- Abbeville Muni. (FAA ID: 0J0)
- Abbeville Municipal Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Roland.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Abbeville Municipal Airport
- Early Co. Airport (ICAO: KBIJ)
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alabama
About Houston County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Roland. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Houston County: www.houstoncounty.org/
The official website for State of Alabama: https://www.alabama.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Roland), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Roland) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Roland. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 31.1349, Longitude: -85.4372 In this case, the coordinates for Roland have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).