When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Roebuck Gardens.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Roebuck Gardens. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Roebuck Gardens.
Large Airports ...
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Hartsfield - Jackson Intl. (ATL/KATL)
- Nashville Intl. (BNA/KBNA)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS/KTYS)
- Northwest Florida Rgnl. (VPS/KVPS)
- Pensacola Rgnl. (PNS/KPNS)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Tuscaloosa Rgnl. (TCL/KTCL)
- Huntsville Intl. (HSV/KHSV)
- Roanoke Muni. (FAA ID: 7A5)
- Roanoke Municipal Airport lies 83 miles [133.6 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Roebuck Gardens.
- Official website: https://www.flyroa.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roanoke Municipal Airport
- Montgomery Rgnl. (MGM/KMGM)
- Northwest Alabama Rgnl. (MSL/KMSL)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Bessemer Airport (FAA ID: EKY)
- Bessemer Airport lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Roebuck Gardens.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bessemer Airport
- St. Clair Co. Airport (FAA ID: PLR)
- Saint Clair County Airport lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the east of Roebuck Gardens.
- Official website: www.plrairport.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Clair County Airport
- Shelby Co. Airport (ICAO: KEET)
- Robbins Fld. (FAA ID: 20A)
- Robbins Field lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Roebuck Gardens.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Robbins Field
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Sylacauga Muni. (ICAO: KSCD)
- Talladega Muni. (FAA ID: ASN)
- Talladega Municipal Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the east of Roebuck Gardens.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Talladega Municipal Airport
- Walker Co. Airport (FAA ID: JFX)
- Walker County Airport lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Roebuck Gardens.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Walker County Airport
- Gadsden Muni.
- Gadsden Municipal Airport lies 42 miles [67.6 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Roebuck Gardens.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gadsden Municipal Airport
- Northeast Alabama Rgnl. (ICAO: KGAD)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alabama
About Jefferson County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Roebuck Gardens. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Jefferson County: www.jeffcointouch.com/
The official website for State of Alabama: https://www.alabama.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Roebuck Gardens), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Roebuck Gardens) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Roebuck Gardens. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.6104, Longitude: -86.6983 In this case, the coordinates for Roebuck Gardens have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).