When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Rockford.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Rockford. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Rockford.
Large Airports ...
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Hartsfield - Jackson Intl. (ATL/KATL)
- Northwest Florida Rgnl. (VPS/KVPS)
- Pensacola Rgnl. (PNS/KPNS)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Montgomery Rgnl. (MGM/KMGM)
- Roanoke Muni. (FAA ID: 7A5)
- Roanoke Municipal Airport lies 51 miles [82.1 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Rockford.
- Official website: https://www.flyroa.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roanoke Municipal Airport
- Columbus Metro Airport (CSG/KCSG)
- Tuscaloosa Rgnl. (TCL/KTCL)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Thomas C. Russell Fld. (ICAO: KALX)
- Coosa Co. Airport
- Coosa County Airport lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Rockford.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coosa County Airport
- Sylacauga Muni. (ICAO: KSCD)
- Gragg - Wade Fld. (FAA ID: 02A)
- Gragg - Wade Field lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the west of Rockford.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gragg - Wade Field
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Wetumpka Muni. (FAA ID: 08A)
- Wetumpka Municipal Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Rockford.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wetumpka Municipal Airport
- Camp Hill Airport
- Camp Hill - Tallapoosa County Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Rockford.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Camp Hill - Tallapoosa County Airport
- Tallassee Muni.
- Tallassee Municipal Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Rockford.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tallassee Municipal Airport
- Prattville - Grouby Fld. (FAA ID: 1A9)
- Prattville - Grouby Field lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Rockford.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Prattville - Grouby Field
- Autauga Co. Airport
- Autauga County Airport lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Rockford.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Autauga County Airport
- Ashland - Lineville Airport (FAA ID: 26A)
- Ashland - Lineville Airport lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Rockford.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ashland - Lineville Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alabama
About Coosa County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Rockford. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alabama: https://www.alabama.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Rockford), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Rockford) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Rockford. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Rockford
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Rockford. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.8896, Longitude: -86.2150 In this case, the coordinates for Rockford have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).