When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Rock Fence.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Rock Fence. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Rock Fence.
Large Airports ...
- Hartsfield - Jackson Intl. (ATL/KATL)
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Roanoke Muni. (FAA ID: 7A5)
- Roanoke Municipal Airport lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Rock Fence.
- Official website: https://www.flyroa.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roanoke Municipal Airport
- Columbus Metro Airport (CSG/KCSG)
- Montgomery Rgnl. (MGM/KMGM)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Lanett Muni. (FAA ID: 7A3)
- Lanett Municipal Airport lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Rock Fence.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lanett Municipal Airport
- Camp Hill Airport
- Camp Hill - Tallapoosa County Airport lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Rock Fence.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Camp Hill - Tallapoosa County Airport
- La Grange - Callaway Airport (ICAO: KLGC)
- Ashland - Lineville Airport (FAA ID: 26A)
- Ashland - Lineville Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Rock Fence.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ashland - Lineville Airport
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Auburn - Opelika Airport (AUO/KAUO)
- Thomas C. Russell Fld. (ICAO: KALX)
- Harris Co. Airport
- Callaway Gardens - Harris County Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Rock Fence.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Callaway Gardens - Harris County Airport
- Harris Co. Airport (FAA ID: PIM)
- Harris County Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Rock Fence.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harris County Airport
- Coosa Co. Airport
- Coosa County Airport lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the west of Rock Fence.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coosa County Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alabama
About Chambers County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Rock Fence. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Chambers County: www.chamberscounty.com/
The official website for State of Alabama: https://www.alabama.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Rock Fence), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Rock Fence) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Rock Fence. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.0362, Longitude: -85.4386 In this case, the coordinates for Rock Fence have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).