When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Rivermont.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Rivermont. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Rivermont.
Large Airports ...
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Hartsfield - Jackson Intl. (ATL/KATL)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Pensacola Rgnl. (PNS/KPNS)
- Northwest Florida Rgnl. (VPS/KVPS)
- Nashville Intl. (BNA/KBNA)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Tuscaloosa Rgnl. (TCL/KTCL)
- Montgomery Rgnl. (MGM/KMGM)
- Northwest Alabama Rgnl. (MSL/KMSL)
- Huntsville Intl. (HSV/KHSV)
General Aviation Airports ...
- North Pickens Airport (FAA ID: 3M8)
- North Pickens Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Rivermont.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Pickens Airport
- Eutaw Muni. (FAA ID: 3A7)
- Eutaw Municipal Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Rivermont.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eutaw Municipal Airport
- Bibb Co. Airport (FAA ID: 0A8)
- Bibb County Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Rivermont.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bibb County Airport
- Richard Arthur Fld. (FAA ID: M95)
- Richard Arthur Field lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Rivermont.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richard Arthur Field
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- George Downer Airport (FAA ID: AIV)
- George Downer Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the west of Rivermont.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on George Downer Airport
- Greensboro Muni. (FAA ID: 7A0)
- Greensboro Municipal Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the south of Rivermont.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greensboro Municipal Airport
- Bessemer Airport (FAA ID: EKY)
- Bessemer Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the east of Rivermont.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bessemer Airport
- Shelby Co. Airport (ICAO: KEET)
- Walker Co. Airport (FAA ID: JFX)
- Walker County Airport lies 49 miles [78.9 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Rivermont.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Walker County Airport
- Vaiden Fld. (FAA ID: A08)
- Vaiden Field lies 50 miles [80.5 km]<2> miles to the south of Rivermont.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vaiden Field
- Columbus - Lowndes Co. Airport (UBS/KUBS)
- Lamar Co. Airport (FAA ID: M55)
- Lamar County Airport lies 53 miles [85.3 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Rivermont.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lamar County Airport
- Macon Muni. (FAA ID: 20M)
- Macon Municipal Airport lies 56 miles [90.1 km]<2> miles to the west of Rivermont.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Macon Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alabama
About Tuscaloosa County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Rivermont. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Tuscaloosa County: www.co.tuscaloosa.al.us/
The official website for State of Alabama: https://www.alabama.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Rivermont), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Rivermont) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Rivermont. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.2212, Longitude: -87.5586 In this case, the coordinates for Rivermont have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).