When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Riverdale.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Riverdale. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Riverdale.
Large Airports ...
- Hartsfield - Jackson Intl. (ATL/KATL)
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Nashville Intl. (BNA/KBNA)
- McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS/KTYS)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Lovell Fld. (CHA/KCHA)
- Huntsville Intl. (HSV/KHSV)
- Roanoke Muni. (FAA ID: 7A5)
- Roanoke Municipal Airport lies 99 miles [159.3 km]<2> miles to the south of Riverdale.
- Official website: https://www.flyroa.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roanoke Municipal Airport
- Northwest Alabama Rgnl. (MSL/KMSL)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Isbell Fld. (4A9/K4A9)
- Barwick - Lafayette Airport (FAA ID: 9A5)
- Barwick - Lafayette Airport lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Riverdale.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Barwick - Lafayette Airport
- Stevenson-Bridgeport Muni. (FAA ID: 7A6)
- Stevenson-Bridgeport Municipal Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Riverdale.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stevenson-Bridgeport Municipal Airport
- Scottsboro Muni. (FAA ID: 4A6)
- Scottsboro Municipal Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Riverdale.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Scottsboro Municipal Airport
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Centre Muni. (FAA ID: C22)
- Centre Municipal Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the south of Riverdale.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Centre Municipal Airport
- Richard B. Russell Airport (ICAO: KRMG)
- Cherokee Co. Rgnl. (FAA ID: PYP)
- Centre Piedmont - Cherokee County Regional Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the south of Riverdale.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Centre Piedmont - Cherokee County Regional Airport
- Marion Co. Airport (FAA ID: APT)
- Marion County Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the north of Riverdale.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marion County Airport
- Tom B. David Fld. (FAA ID: CZL)
- Tom B. David Field lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Riverdale.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tom B. David Field
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Alabama
About DeKalb County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Riverdale. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for DeKalb County: www.dekalbcountyal.us/
The official website for State of Alabama: https://www.alabama.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Riverdale), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Riverdale) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Riverdale. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.5601, Longitude: -85.5808 In this case, the coordinates for Riverdale have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).