When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Republic.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Republic. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Republic.
Large Airports ...
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Hartsfield - Jackson Intl. (ATL/KATL)
- Nashville Intl. (BNA/KBNA)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Pensacola Rgnl. (PNS/KPNS)
- Northwest Florida Rgnl. (VPS/KVPS)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Tuscaloosa Rgnl. (TCL/KTCL)
- Huntsville Intl. (HSV/KHSV)
- Northwest Alabama Rgnl. (MSL/KMSL)
- Roanoke Muni. (FAA ID: 7A5)
- Roanoke Municipal Airport lies 93 miles [149.7 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Republic.
- Official website: https://www.flyroa.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roanoke Municipal Airport
- Montgomery Rgnl. (MGM/KMGM)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Bessemer Airport (FAA ID: EKY)
- Bessemer Airport lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the south of Republic.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bessemer Airport
- Shelby Co. Airport (ICAO: KEET)
- Walker Co. Airport (FAA ID: JFX)
- Walker County Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Republic.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Walker County Airport
- St. Clair Co. Airport (FAA ID: PLR)
- Saint Clair County Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the east of Republic.
- Official website: www.plrairport.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Clair County Airport
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Robbins Fld. (FAA ID: 20A)
- Robbins Field lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Republic.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Robbins Field
- Addison Muni. (FAA ID: 2A8)
- Addison Municipal Airport lies 44 miles [70.8 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Republic.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Addison Municipal Airport
- Sylacauga Muni. (ICAO: KSCD)
- Winston Co. Airport (FAA ID: 3M2)
- Double Springs - Winston County Airport lies 45 miles [72.4 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Republic.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Double Springs - Winston County Airport
- Folsom Fld. (3A1/K3A1)
- Bibb Co. Airport (FAA ID: 0A8)
- Bibb County Airport lies 47 miles [75.6 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Republic.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bibb County Airport
- Talladega Muni. (FAA ID: ASN)
- Talladega Municipal Airport lies 48 miles [77.2 km]<2> miles to the east of Republic.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Talladega Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alabama
About Jefferson County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Republic. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Jefferson County: www.jeffcointouch.com/
The official website for State of Alabama: https://www.alabama.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Republic), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Republic) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Republic. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.6012, Longitude: -86.8908 In this case, the coordinates for Republic have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).