Welcome to Abihka ...
So far, we found very little information about Abihka. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Abihka to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Abihka, please Contact Us.
Abihka would have been located within present day Talladega County<2>.
The location of Abihka has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Abihka is 560 feet [171 m] above sea level.<4>.
Time Zone: The area where Abihka was located is in the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT) and observes daylight saving time
Note: If you travel east from Abihka (for example, toward Ephesus (GA)), you will leave Central Time and cross into the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT).
Communities near Abihka ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Abihka.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vincent
- Vincent lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the west of Abihka.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,223 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Vincent have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vincent
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Vincent<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ashland
- Ashland lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the east of Abihka.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,872 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ashland have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ashland
- Oak Grove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oak Grove
- Oak Grove lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the southwest of Abihka.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 513 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Oak Grove have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oak Grove
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Abihka. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Abihka.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Abihka. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Abihka.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Abihka. See our Newspapers Page for Abihka.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Alabama: https://www.alabama.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Abihka, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Alabama's counties, including Talladega, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Abihka - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Abihka) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Abihka. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AbihkaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Abihka. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.3001, Longitude: -86.1611 In this case, the coordinates for Abihka have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|