Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy).
When in Totem Park, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Totem Park and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Totem Park:
- 64.862778, -147.778056
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Totem Park
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Communities Also Named Totem Park ...
We have found one communities that share the name Totem Park.
Within Alaska, the name Totem Park is unique.
Beyond Alaska, there is another community also named Totem Park in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Snohomish County
- This Totem Park is located in Snohomish County and lies 1,489 miles [2,396.3 km]<1> to the southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Totem Park
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Snohomish County community of Totem Park.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Totem Park ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aurora
- Aurora lies less than 2 miles<1> to the southeast of Totem Park
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Aurora have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aurora
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Badger
- Badger lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the east of Totem Park
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Badger
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for College
- College lies less than 2 miles<1> to the southwest of Totem Park
- Jump to Google Maps centered on College
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dogpatch
- Dogpatch lies 2 miles [3.2 km]<1> to the north of Totem Park
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dogpatch have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dogpatch
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Musk Ox
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Musk Ox
- Musk Ox lies 2 miles [3.2 km]<1> to the northwest of Totem Park
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Musk Ox have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Musk Ox
- North Pole
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Slaterville
- Slaterville lies less than 2 miles<1> to the southeast of Totem Park
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Slaterville have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Slaterville
How Far From Totem Park to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Totem Park to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Totem Park and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Juneau, which is the State Capital of Alaska, lies 628 miles [1,010.7 km]<1> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Totem Park to Juneau, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take just over a day to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 36 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 25 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 3,269 miles [5,260.9 km] to the east (E). Driving would take 7 days, a buggy would take 128 days and walking would take 186 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,753 miles [9,258.6 km] and it lies to the north (N).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,457 miles [10,391.5 km] and it lies to the north (N).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,979 miles [8,012.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Totem Park. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Totem Park) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Totem Park. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 64.8628, Longitude: -147.7781 In this case, the coordinates for Totem Park have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Totem Park to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 2.579 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 7.089 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 344.662 degrees.||