Around Pedro Bay ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Newhalen. It is located about 27 miles [43 km] to the west of Pedro Bay. Newhalen has a population of 190 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Nondalton.
It is located about 28 miles [ km] to the northwest of Pedro Bay and has a population of 130 people.
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Pedro Bay.<2>
- Fish Village
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fish Village have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fish Village
- Fish Village lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the west of Pedro Bay
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fish Village
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Newhalen have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Newhalen
- Newhalen lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the west of Pedro Bay
- Estimated population in 2019: 187 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Newhalen
- Pile Bay Village
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pile Bay Village have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pile Bay Village
- Pile Bay Village lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the east of Pedro Bay
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pile Bay Village
- Port Alsworth
Airports Near Pedro Bay ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Pedro Bay and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Pedro Bay.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Alaska:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Pedro Bay. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Pedro Bay.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Pedro Bay) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Pedro Bay. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Pedro Bay
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Pedro Bay. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 59.7893, Longitude: -154.1034
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Pedro Bay), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|