Around Nikolaevsk ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Homer. It is located about 11 miles [17 km] to the south of Nikolaevsk. Homer has a population of 5,900 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Kachemak.
It is located about 11 miles [ km] to the southeast of Nikolaevsk and has a population of 490 people.
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Nikolaevsk.<2>
- Anchor Point
- Clam Gulch
- Diamond Ridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Diamond Ridge
- Diamond Ridge lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the south of Nikolaevsk
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Diamond Ridge have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Diamond Ridge
- Fox River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fox River
- Fox River lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the east of Nikolaevsk
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fox River have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fox River
- Fritz Creek
- Halibut Cove
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Happy Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Happy Valley
- Happy Valley lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Nikolaevsk
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Happy Valley have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Happy Valley
- Jakolof Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jakolof Bay
- Jakolof Bay lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the south of Nikolaevsk
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Jakolof Bay have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jakolof Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kachemak
- Kachemak lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Nikolaevsk
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kachemak have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Estimated population in 2019: 490 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kachemak
- Millers Landing
- Port Graham
- Seldovia Village
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Seldovia Village
- Seldovia Village lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the south of Nikolaevsk
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seldovia Village
Curious and Interesting Names Near Nikolaevsk ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Nikolaevsk.
Airports Near Nikolaevsk ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Nikolaevsk and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Nikolaevsk.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Nikolaevsk ...
Looking for more information about Nikolaevsk? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Nikolaevsk. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Nikolaevsk, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Nikolaevsk.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Alaska:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Nikolaevsk. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Nikolaevsk.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Nikolaevsk) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Nikolaevsk. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Nikolaevsk
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Nikolaevsk. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 59.8121, Longitude: -151.6108
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Nikolaevsk), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|