Welcome to Nancy Lake ...
Although we found mention of Nancy Lake during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Nancy Lake was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Nancy Lake to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Nancy Lake, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Nancy Lake might be (or was) located is in the Alaskan Time Zone (AKST/AKDT) and observes daylight saving time
We believe that Nancy Lake would be found within the (907) area code.
Communities near Nancy Lake ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Nancy Lake.
- Big Lake
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Meadow Lakes
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meadow Lakes
- Meadow Lakes lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the east of Nancy Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Meadow Lakes have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meadow Lakes
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Knik-Fairview
- Knik-Fairview lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Nancy Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Knik-Fairview
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Knik
- Knik lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the southeast of Nancy Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Knik have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Knik
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tanaina
- Tanaina lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the east of Nancy Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tanaina have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tanaina
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Susitna
- Susitna lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the southwest of Nancy Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Susitna have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Susitna
- John Fitzgerald Kennedy City
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for John Fitzgerald Kennedy City
- John Fitzgerald Kennedy City lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the south of Nancy Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for John Fitzgerald Kennedy City have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on John Fitzgerald Kennedy City
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Nancy Lake. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Nancy Lake.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Nancy Lake. See our Newspapers Page for Nancy Lake.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Nancy Lake ...
Looking for more information about Nancy Lake? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Nancy Lake, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Nancy Lake.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Nancy Lake and then turned west". While Nancy Lake could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Nancy Lake as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Nancy Lake could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Nancy Lake) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Nancy Lake. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Nancy Lake
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|