Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy).
When in Lowell Point, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Lowell Point and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Lowell Point:
- 60.072500, -149.441111
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Lowell Point
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Lowell Point ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Crown Point
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crown Point
- Crown Point lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the north of Lowell Point
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crown Point have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crown Point
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Falls
- Falls lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the north of Lowell Point
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Falls
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lakeview
- Lakeview lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the north of Lowell Point
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lakeview have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lakeview
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lawing
- Lawing lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the north of Lowell Point
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lawing
- Moose Pass
How Far From Lowell Point to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Lowell Point to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Lowell Point and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Juneau, which is the State Capital of Alaska, lies 544 miles [875.5 km]<1> to the east (E). If you could drive a straight line from Lowell Point to Juneau, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take just over a day to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 31 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 22 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 3,354 miles [5,397.7 km] to the east (E). Driving would take 7 days, a buggy would take 131 days and walking would take 191 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,081 miles [9,786.4 km] and it lies to the north (N).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,777 miles [10,906.5 km] and it lies to the north (N).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,313 miles [8,550.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alaska Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lowell Point. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lowell Point) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lowell Point. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Lowell Point
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lowell Point. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 60.0725, Longitude: -149.4411 In this case, the coordinates for Lowell Point have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Lowell Point to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 3.977 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 8.711 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 346.265 degrees.||