Around Kustatan ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Kenai. It is located about 19 miles [30 km] to the southeast of Kustatan. Kenai has a population of 7,800 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Soldotna.
It is located about 27 miles [ km] to the southeast of Kustatan and has a population of 4,700 people.
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Kustatan.<2>
- Clam Gulch
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cohoe
- Cohoe lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the southeast of Kustatan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cohoe
- Drift River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Drift River
- Drift River lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the southwest of Kustatan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Drift River have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Drift River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kalifornsky
- Kalifornsky lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the southeast of Kustatan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kalifornsky
- Continue List (8 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nikishka
- Nikishka lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the east of Kustatan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nikishka have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nikishka
- Port Nikiski
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Port Nikiski
- Port Nikiski lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the east of Kustatan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Port Nikiski
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ridgeway
- Ridgeway lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the southeast of Kustatan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ridgeway have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ridgeway
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Salamatof
- Salamatof lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the southeast of Kustatan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Salamatof
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Soldotna
- Soldotna lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the southeast of Kustatan
- Estimated population in 2019: 4,719 people
- Soldotna has also been known as:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Soldotna
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Soldotna<3>
Curious and Interesting Names Near Kustatan ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Kustatan.
Airports Near Kustatan ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Kustatan and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Kustatan.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Alaska:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Kustatan. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Kustatan.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Kustatan) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kustatan. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 60.7158, Longitude: -151.7475 In this case, the coordinates for Kustatan have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Kustatan), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|