Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy).
When in Klery Creek, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Klery Creek and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Klery Creek:
- 67.179444, -160.403056
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Klery Creek
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
How Far From Klery Creek to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Klery Creek to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance<1> beginning in Klery Creek and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Juneau, which is the State Capital of Alaska, lies 1,012 miles [1,628.7 km]<1> to the east southeast (ESE). If you could drive a straight line from Klery Creek to Juneau, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take over two days to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 58 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 40 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 3,600 miles [5,793.6 km] to the east (E). Driving would take 8 days, a buggy would take 141 days and walking would take 205 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,547 miles [8,927 km] and it lies to the north northwest (NNW).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,222 miles [10,013.3 km] and it lies to the north northwest (NNW).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,887 miles [7,864.9 km] and it lies to the north (N).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alaska Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Klery Creek. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Klery Creek) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Klery Creek. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 67.1794, Longitude: -160.4031 In this case, the coordinates for Klery Creek have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Klery Creek to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 13.442 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 18.777 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 354.375 degrees.||