Around Garner ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Anderson. It is located about 36 miles [57 km] to the north of Garner. Anderson has a population of 340 people.<1>.
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Garner.<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ferry
- Ferry lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the north of Garner
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ferry have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ferry
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lignite
- Lignite lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the north of Garner
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lignite have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lignite
- McKinley Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McKinley Park
- McKinley Park lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the south of Garner
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for McKinley Park have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McKinley Park
Curious and Interesting Names Near Garner ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Garner.
Airports Near Garner ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Garner and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Garner.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Alaska:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Garner. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Garner.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Garner) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Garner. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 63.8292, Longitude: -148.9733 In this case, the coordinates for Garner have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Garner), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|