Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy).
When in Gantegastaki, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Gantegastaki and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Gantegastaki:
- 59.250000, -135.520833
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Gantegastaki
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Gantegastaki ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Covenant Life
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Covenant Life
- Covenant Life lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the northwest of Gantegastaki
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Covenant Life have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Covenant Life
- Mosquito Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mosquito Lake
- Mosquito Lake lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the northwest of Gantegastaki
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mosquito Lake have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mosquito Lake
- Mud Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mud Bay
- Mud Bay lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the southeast of Gantegastaki
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mud Bay have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mud Bay
How Far From Gantegastaki to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Gantegastaki to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Gantegastaki and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Juneau, which is the State Capital of Alaska, lies 76 miles [122.3 km]<1> to the south southeast (SSE). If you could drive a straight line from Gantegastaki to Juneau, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 5 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 2,873 miles [4,623.6 km] to the east (E). Driving would take 6 days, a buggy would take 113 days and walking would take 164 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,121 miles [9,850.8 km] and it lies to the north (N).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,852 miles [11,027.2 km] and it lies to the north (N).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,209 miles [8,383.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alaska Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Gantegastaki. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Gantegastaki) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Gantegastaki. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 59.2500, Longitude: -135.5208 In this case, the coordinates for Gantegastaki have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Gantegastaki to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 352.149 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 355.612 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 335.934 degrees.||