Around Diamond Ridge ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Homer. It lies immediately south of Diamond Ridge. Homer has a population of 5,900 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Kachemak.
It lies just east of Diamond Ridge and has a population of 490 people.
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Anchor Point
- Fox River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fox River
- Fox River lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the northeast of Diamond Ridge
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fox River have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fox River
- Fritz Creek
- Halibut Cove
- Happy Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Happy Valley
- Happy Valley lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the north of Diamond Ridge
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Happy Valley have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Happy Valley
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Jakolof Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jakolof Bay
- Jakolof Bay lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the south of Diamond Ridge
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Jakolof Bay have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jakolof Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kachemak
- Kachemak lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the east of Diamond Ridge
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kachemak have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Estimated population in 2019: 490 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kachemak
- Millers Landing
- Port Graham
- Seldovia Village
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Seldovia Village
- Seldovia Village lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the south of Diamond Ridge
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seldovia Village
Curious and Interesting Names Near Diamond Ridge ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Diamond Ridge.
Airports Near Diamond Ridge ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Diamond Ridge and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Diamond Ridge.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Alaska:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alaska Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Diamond Ridge. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Diamond Ridge.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Diamond Ridge) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Diamond Ridge. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Diamond Ridge
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Diamond Ridge. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 59.6761, Longitude: -151.5575 In this case, the coordinates for Diamond Ridge have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Diamond Ridge), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|