Around Dairy ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Ketchikan. It lies just northwest of Dairy. Ketchikan has a population of 8,300 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Saxman.
It lies immediately northwest of Dairy and has a population of 390 people.
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Dairy.<2>
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Annette have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Annette
- Annette lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the south of Dairy
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Annette
- Clover Pass
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clover Pass
- Clover Pass lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the northwest of Dairy
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clover Pass
- Dora Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dora Bay have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dora Bay
- Dora Bay lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the west of Dairy
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dora Bay
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Meyers Chuck
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saxman have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saxman
- Saxman lies less than 2 miles<2> to the northwest of Dairy
- Estimated population in 2019: 385 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saxman
- Ward Cove
Curious and Interesting Names Near Dairy ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Dairy.
Airports Near Dairy ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Dairy and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Dairy.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Alaska:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Dairy. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Dairy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Dairy) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dairy. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Dairy
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dairy. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.3069, Longitude: -131.5675
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Dairy), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|