Around Crown Point ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Seward. It is located about 21 miles [33 km] to the south of Crown Point. Seward has a population of 2,800 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Whittier.
It is located about 33 miles [ km] to the northeast of Crown Point and has a population of 210 people.
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Crown Point.<2>
- Bear Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bear Creek
- Bear Creek lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the south of Crown Point
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bear Creek have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bear Creek
- Cooper Landing
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Falls
- Falls lies less than 2 miles<2> to the southwest of Crown Point
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Falls
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lawing
- Lawing lies less than 2 miles<2> to the south of Crown Point
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lawing
- Lowell Point
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lowell Point
- Lowell Point lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the south of Crown Point
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lowell Point have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lowell Point
- Moose Pass
- Muskwa Village
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Muskwa Village
- Muskwa Village lies less than 2 miles<2> to the south of Crown Point
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Muskwa Village have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Muskwa Village
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Primrose
- Primrose lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the southeast of Crown Point
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Primrose have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Primrose
Curious and Interesting Names Near Crown Point ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Crown Point.
Airports Near Crown Point ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Crown Point and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Crown Point.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Alaska:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Crown Point. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Crown Point.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Crown Point) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Crown Point. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Crown Point
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Crown Point. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 60.4222, Longitude: -149.3667 In this case, the coordinates for Crown Point have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Crown Point), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|