Around Craig ...
Craig is the largest city within a 50 mile [80 km] radius.
The next largest community is Klawock.
It lies just north of Craig
For comparison, Craig has a population of 1,300 people.
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Craig.<2>
- Coffman Cove
- Edna Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hollis have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hollis
- Hollis lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the east of Craig
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hollis
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Meyers Chuck
- Naukati Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Naukati Bay have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Naukati Bay
- Naukati Bay lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the north of Craig
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Naukati Bay
- Polk Inlet
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Polk Inlet have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Polk Inlet
- Polk Inlet lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the east of Craig
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Polk Inlet
- Port Alice
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Port Alice have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Port Alice
- Port Alice lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the northwest of Craig
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Port Alice
- Thorne Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Waterfall have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Waterfall
- Waterfall lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the south of Craig
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Waterfall
Curious and Interesting Names Near Craig ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Craig.
Airports Near Craig ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Craig and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Craig.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Craig ...
Looking for more information about Craig? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Craig. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Craig, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Craig.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Alaska:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Craig: www.craigak.com/
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Craig.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Craig) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Craig. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Craig
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Craig. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.4768, Longitude: -133.1406
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Craig), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|