Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy).
When in Clark's Point, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Clark's Point and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Clark's Point:
- 58.840398, -158.54888
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Clark's Point
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Communities Also Named Clark's Point ...
We have found two communities that share the name Clark's Point.
Within Alaska, the name Clark's Point is unique.
Beyond Alaska, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- South Carolina
- Charleston County
- This Clark's Point is located in Charleston County and lies 3,915 miles [6,300.6 km]<1> to the east.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clark's Point
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Charleston County community of Clark's Point.
- Winnebago County
- This Clark's Point is located in Winnebago County and lies 3,011 miles [4,845.7 km]<1> to the east northeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clark's Point
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Winnebago County community of Clark's Point.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Clark's Point ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Portage Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Portage Creek have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Portage Creek
- Portage Creek lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the east of Clark's Point
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Portage Creek
- Wood River
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wood River have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wood River
- Wood River lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the north of Clark's Point
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wood River
How Far From Clark's Point to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a city such as Clark's Point to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Clark's Point and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Juneau, which is the State Capital of Alaska, lies 865 miles [1,392.1 km]<1> to the east (E). If you could drive a straight line from Clark's Point to Juneau, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take most of two days to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 50 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 34 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 3,684 miles [5,928.8 km] to the east northeast (ENE). Driving would take 8 days, a buggy would take 144 days and walking would take 210 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,121 miles [9,850.8 km] and it lies to the north (N).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,788 miles [10,924.2 km] and it lies to the north northwest (NNW).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,453 miles [8,775.8 km] and it lies to the north (N).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Clark's Point. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Clark's Point) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Clark's Point. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Clark's Point
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Clark's Point. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 58.8404, Longitude: -158.5489
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Clark's Point to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 11.689 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 17.252 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 353.19 degrees.||