Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy).
When in Circle Hot Springs, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Circle Hot Springs and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Circle Hot Springs:
- 65.484985, -144.633297
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Circle Hot Springs
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Circle Hot Springs ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Miller House
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Miller House have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Miller House
- Miller House lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the west of Circle Hot Springs
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Miller House
How Far From Circle Hot Springs to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Circle Hot Springs to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Circle Hot Springs and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Juneau, which is the State Capital of Alaska, lies 595 miles [957.6 km]<1> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Circle Hot Springs to Juneau, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take just over a day to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 34 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 24 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 3,177 miles [5,112.9 km] to the east (E). Driving would take 7 days, a buggy would take 125 days and walking would take 181 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,712 miles [9,192.6 km] and it lies to the north (N).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,423 miles [10,336.8 km] and it lies to the north (N).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,912 miles [7,905.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Circle Hot Springs. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Circle Hot Springs) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Circle Hot Springs. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Circle Hot Springs
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Circle Hot Springs. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 65.4850, Longitude: -144.6333
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Circle Hot Springs to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 359.887 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 4.157 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 342.169 degrees.||