Around Chekok ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Newhalen. It is located about 20 miles [32 km] to the west of Chekok. Newhalen has a population of 190 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Nondalton.
It is located about 21 miles [ km] to the northwest of Chekok and has a population of 130 people.
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Fish Village
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fish Village have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fish Village
- Fish Village lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the northwest of Chekok
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fish Village
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kakhonak have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kakhonak
- Kakhonak lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the southwest of Chekok
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kakhonak
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Newhalen have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Newhalen
- Newhalen lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the west of Chekok
- Estimated population in 2019: 187 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Newhalen
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Pedro Bay
- Pile Bay Village
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pile Bay Village have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pile Bay Village
- Pile Bay Village lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the east of Chekok
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pile Bay Village
- Port Alsworth
Curious and Interesting Names Near Chekok ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Chekok.
Airports Near Chekok ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Chekok and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Chekok.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Alaska:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Chekok. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Chekok.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Chekok) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Chekok. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 59.8056, Longitude: -154.3242 In this case, the coordinates for Chekok have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Chekok), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|