A visit to the Hope Cemetery ...
We have organized the cemeteries in our Gazetteer based on a problem that we had while working on our own genealogy. Without specifying the cemeteries involved, we found an ancestor that we believed to have been buried in one cemetery was actually buried elsewhere. We discovered that his burial had been refused at the last moment and the family had scrambled to make new arrangements. By looking at nearby cemeteries, the surrounding communities and in newspapers of the period, we were finally able to locate his burial site. Should you find yourself in the same situation, we hope that our Gazetteer helps you discover your lost ancestor.
The Location of the Hope Cemetery ...
The Hope Cemetery is located outside and to the east of Hope.
Jump to Google Maps centered on the Hope Cemetery
We are using the following GPS coordinates (latitude and longitude) for the Hope Cemetery
Lat: 60.9175° (60° 55' 2")
Lon: -149.6232° (-149° 37' 23")
Websites to help with your research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their websites are open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that might help with the Hope Cemetery:
- Pages specific to Alaska:
- Cemetery Information and Directories:
- About the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church ...
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Disaster Stories from Alaska
List of neighboring communities ...
The following 12 communities are within 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> of the Hope Cemetery.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Alyeska have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alyeska
- Alyeska lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the east of Hope Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alyeska
- Artesian Village
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Artesian Village
- Artesian Village lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the north of Hope Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Artesian Village
- Eagle River
- Continue List (8 more) ...
- Fort Richardson
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort Richardson
- Fort Richardson lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the north of Hope Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fort Richardson
- Gleason - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gleason
- Gleason was located 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the southeast of Hope Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spenard
- Spenard lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the northwest of Hope Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spenard
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sunrise have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunrise
- Sunrise lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the east of Hope Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunrise
- Wilson Village
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wilson Village have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wilson Village
- Wilson Village lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the north of Hope Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wilson Village
For the full list of neighboring communities with details, please visit our extended List of Communities.
Nearby communities with newspapers ...
The following communities are those where newspapers have been published and are located in the vicinity of the Hope Cemetery. The following communities are located in .
More information can be found on our list of Local Newspapers for The Hope Cemetery.
- Eagle River
- Fort Richardson
List of the closest cemeteries ...
We know of 5 cemeteries that are within 20 miles [32.2 km] of the Hope Cemetery. The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
- Anchorage Memorial Park Cemetery
- Angelus Memorial Park
- Ft. Richardson National Cemetery
- Memorial To The Missing
- Sunrise Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for the Sunrise Cemetery have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Sunrise Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the east of Hope Cemetery.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Sunrise Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunrise Cemetery
For an expanded list with details, please visit our List of cemeteries.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions ...
Our approach is to add the name of a cemetery whenever we see it mentioned - usually in newspapers, old books or maps. Typically we have little information to start with, but we try to add detail as we continue our research. We've created the following list to keep track of the sources we found useful in our research about the Hope Cemetery.
- Referenced GNIS Record ...
- GNIS ID #1422646 (Hope Cemetery)
- Jump to GNIS Record #1422646
- Class: cemetery Map Name: Seward D-7
- County: Kenai Peninsula Elev: 37
- Location of GNIS #1422646 (Hope Cemetery)
- Lat: 60.9169444 Lon: -149.6230556
- Jump to Google Maps centered on GNIS #1422646
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- ) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point at the Hope Cemetery. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 60.9175, Longitude: -149.6232
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|