Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy).
When in Browerville, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Browerville and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Browerville:
- 71.299802, -156.758952
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Browerville
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Communities Also Named Browerville ...
We have found one communities that share the name Browerville.
Within Alaska, the name Browerville is unique.
Beyond Alaska, there is another community also named Browerville in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Todd County
- This Browerville is located in Todd County and lies 2,630 miles [4,232.6 km]<1> to the east.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Browerville
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Todd County community of Browerville.
How Far From Browerville to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Browerville to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Browerville and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Juneau, which is the State Capital of Alaska, lies 1,098 miles [1,767.1 km]<1> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Browerville to Juneau, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take over two days to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 63 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 43 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 3,470 miles [5,584.4 km] to the east (E). Driving would take 7 days, a buggy would take 136 days and walking would take 198 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,287 miles [8,508.6 km] and it lies to the north (N).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 5,977 miles [9,619 km] and it lies to the north northwest (NNW).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,594 miles [7,393.3 km] and it lies to the north (N).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alaska Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Browerville. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Browerville) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Browerville. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Browerville
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Browerville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 71.2998, Longitude: -156.7590
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Browerville to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 10.465 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 15.438 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 351.265 degrees.||