Around Bergman ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Allakaket. It lies just northeast of Bergman. Allakaket has a population of 160 people.<1>.
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Bergman.<2>
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Alatna have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alatna
- Alatna lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Bergman
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alatna
- Arctic City
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Arctic City have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Arctic City
- Arctic City lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southwest of Bergman
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arctic City
- New Allakaket
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for New Allakaket have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for New Allakaket
- New Allakaket lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the northeast of Bergman
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Allakaket
Curious and Interesting Names Near Bergman ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Bergman.
Airports Near Bergman ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Bergman and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Bergman.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Alaska:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bergman. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Bergman.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bergman) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bergman. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 66.5000, Longitude: -152.8833 In this case, the coordinates for Bergman have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Bergman), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|