Around Beaver Falls ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Ketchikan. It lies just west of Beaver Falls. Ketchikan has a population of 8,300 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Saxman.
It lies just southwest of Beaver Falls and has a population of 390 people.
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Beaver Falls.<2>
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Annette have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Annette
- Annette lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the south of Beaver Falls
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Annette
- Clover Pass
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clover Pass
- Clover Pass lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the northwest of Beaver Falls
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clover Pass
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dairy
- Dairy lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the southwest of Beaver Falls
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dairy
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Meyers Chuck
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saxman have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saxman
- Saxman lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the southwest of Beaver Falls
- Estimated population in 2019: 385 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saxman
- Ward Cove
Curious and Interesting Names Near Beaver Falls ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Beaver Falls.
Airports Near Beaver Falls ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Beaver Falls and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Beaver Falls.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Alaska:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Beaver Falls. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Beaver Falls.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Beaver Falls) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Beaver Falls. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.3833, Longitude: -131.4667 In this case, the coordinates for Beaver Falls have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Beaver Falls), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|