Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy).
When in Bartlett Cove, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Bartlett Cove and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Bartlett Cove:
- 58.450000, -135.916667
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Bartlett Cove
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Bartlett Cove ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Elfin Cove
- Excursion Inlet
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Excursion Inlet
- Excursion Inlet lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the east of Bartlett Cove
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Excursion Inlet
- Game Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Game Creek have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Game Creek
- Game Creek lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the southeast of Bartlett Cove
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Game Creek
How Far From Bartlett Cove to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Bartlett Cove to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Bartlett Cove and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Juneau, which is the State Capital of Alaska, lies 55 miles [88.5 km]<1> to the east (E). If you could walk a straight line from Bartlett Cove to Juneau, with an average speed<4> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of three days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take over two days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 2,885 miles [4,643 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take 6 days, a buggy would take 113 days and walking would take 164 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,177 miles [9,940.9 km] and it lies to the north (N).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,908 miles [11,117.3 km] and it lies to the north (N).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,265 miles [8,473.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bartlett Cove. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Bartlett Cove) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bartlett Cove. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 58.4500, Longitude: -135.9167 In this case, the coordinates for Bartlett Cove have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Bartlett Cove to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 352.486 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 355.976 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 336.308 degrees.||