Around Auke ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Juneau. It is located about 12 miles [19 km] to the southeast of Auke. Juneau has a population of 32,000 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Hoonah.
It is located about 31 miles [ km] to the southwest of Auke and has a population of 790 people.
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Auke Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Auke Bay
- Auke Bay lies 2 miles [3.2 km]<2> to the east of Auke
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Auke Bay have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Auke Bay
- Cube Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cube Cove
- Cube Cove lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the south of Auke
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cube Cove have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cube Cove
- Dobson Landing
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dobson Landing
- Dobson Landing lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the north of Auke
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dobson Landing
- Excursion Inlet
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Excursion Inlet
- Excursion Inlet lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the west of Auke
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Excursion Inlet
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fairhaven
- Fairhaven lies less than 2 miles<2> to the east of Auke
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fairhaven
- Continue List (3 more) ...
Curious and Interesting Names Near Auke ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Auke.
Airports Near Auke ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Auke and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Auke.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Alaska:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Auke. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Auke.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Auke) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Auke. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 58.3750, Longitude: -134.7250 In this case, the coordinates for Auke have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Auke), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|