List of Neighboring Cemeteries ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Auke (within 40 miles [64.4 km]<1>). The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
The following cemeteries are located in .
- Alaskan Memorial Park
- Evergreen Cemetery
- Funter Bay Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Funter Bay Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Funter Bay Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the southwest of Auke.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Funter Bay Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Funter Bay Cemetery
- Hoonah Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Hoonah Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- The Hoonah Cemetery is located outside and to the northwest of Hoonah.
- To be more accurate, Hoonah Cemetery lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the southwest of Auke.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Hoonah Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hoonah Cemetery
- Icy Strait Point Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Icy Strait Point Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Icy Strait Point Cemetery lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the southwest of Auke.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Icy Strait Point Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Icy Strait Point Cemetery
- Kuteha Indian Burial Grounds
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for the Kuteha Indian Burial Grounds have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Kuteha Indian Burial Grounds lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the southeast of Auke.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Kuteha Indian Burial Grounds
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kuteha Indian Burial Grounds
In Closing ...
If you know of any cemeteries that we are missing in the area of Auke, can you supply us with the name of the cemetery, its GPS location, whether the cemetery is still in use or if it is historic (ie- defunct, abandoned, etc.). If it applies, we would also like to learn of any past or alternate names that the cemetery has been known by.
If you don't know the GPS location (ie- the latitude/longitude) of a cemetery, please use our Map Page for Auke to determine the cemetery's position (the instructions for finding the latitude/longitude can be found below the map).
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our list of websites on our Genealogy Helper Page for Auke.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Auke. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
Need help with your genealogy? We recommend a visit to these websites when searching in and around the area of Auke:
Links at Cyndi's List:
for State of Alaska
Links at Family Search:
for State of Alaska
Links at Genealogy Trails:
for State of Alaska
We have a longer, more detailed list of websites on our Genealogy Helper Page for Auke.
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Auke) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Auke. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 58.3750, Longitude: -134.7250 In this case, the coordinates for Auke have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|