Around Arolokovik ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Mountain Village. It is located about 20 miles [32 km] to the south of Arolokovik. Mountain Village has a population of 880 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Emmonak.
It is located about 35 miles [ km] to the northwest of Arolokovik and has a population of 820 people.
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Fish Village
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fish Village have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fish Village
- Fish Village lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the north of Arolokovik
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fish Village
- Johnnys Village
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Johnnys Village have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Johnnys Village
- Johnnys Village lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the south of Arolokovik
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Johnnys Village
- Mountain Village
- Nunam Iqua
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nunam Iqua
- Nunam Iqua lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> to the west of Arolokovik
- Estimated population in 2019: 207 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nunam Iqua
- Pitkas Point
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pitkas Point
- Pitkas Point lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Arolokovik
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pitkas Point
- Saint Marys
Curious and Interesting Names Near Arolokovik ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Arolokovik.
Airports Near Arolokovik ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Arolokovik and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Arolokovik.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Alaska:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Arolokovik. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Arolokovik.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Arolokovik) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Arolokovik. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 62.3847, Longitude: -163.8006 In this case, the coordinates for Arolokovik have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Arolokovik), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|