Around Anugnak ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Dillingham. It lies just south of Anugnak. Dillingham has a population of 2,400 people.<1>.
The next largest community is New Stuyahok.
It is located about 47 miles [ km] to the northeast of Anugnak and has a population of 520 people.
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Anugnak.<2>
- Clark's Point
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ekuk have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ekuk
- Ekuk lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the south of Anugnak
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ekuk
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- New Stuyahok
- Portage Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Portage Creek have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Portage Creek
- Portage Creek lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Anugnak
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Portage Creek
- Wood River
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wood River have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wood River
- Wood River lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Anugnak
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wood River
Curious and Interesting Names Near Anugnak ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Anugnak.
Airports Near Anugnak ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Anugnak and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Anugnak.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Alaska:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Anugnak. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Anugnak.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Anugnak) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Anugnak. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 59.1333, Longitude: -158.5000 In this case, the coordinates for Anugnak have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Anugnak), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|