Around Alyeska ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Anchorage. It is located about 30 miles [48 km] to the northwest of Alyeska. Anchorage has a population of 288,000 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Whittier.
It is located about 19 miles [ km] to the southeast of Alyeska and has a population of 210 people.
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Alyeska.<2>
- Artesian Village
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Artesian Village
- Artesian Village lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Alyeska
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Artesian Village
- Cooper Landing
- Eagle River
- Fort Richardson
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort Richardson
- Fort Richardson lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Alyeska
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fort Richardson
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Moose Pass
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sunrise have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunrise
- Sunrise lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the southwest of Alyeska
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunrise
- Wilson Village
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wilson Village have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wilson Village
- Wilson Village lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the northwest of Alyeska
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wilson Village
Curious and Interesting Names Near Alyeska ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Alyeska.
Airports Near Alyeska ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Alyeska and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Alyeska.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Alaska:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Alyeska. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Alyeska.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Alyeska) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Alyeska. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Alyeska
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alyeska. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 60.9608, Longitude: -149.1108 In this case, the coordinates for Alyeska have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Alyeska), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|