Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy).
When in Alexanders Village, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Alexanders Village and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Alexanders Village:
- 66.788333, -145.436944
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Alexanders Village
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Communities Also Named Alexanders Village ...
We have found one communities that share the name Alexanders Village.
Within Alaska, the name Alexanders Village is unique.
Beyond Alaska, there is another community also named Alexanders Village in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Kent County
- This Alexanders Village is located in Kent County and lies 3,232 miles [5,201.4 km]<1> to the east.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alexanders Village
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Kent County community of Alexanders Village.
How Far From Alexanders Village to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Alexanders Village to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Alexanders Village and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Juneau, which is the State Capital of Alaska, lies 680 miles [1,094.4 km]<1> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Alexanders Village to Juneau, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take just about two full days to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 39 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 27 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 3,201 miles [5,151.5 km] to the east (E). Driving would take 7 days, a buggy would take 125 days and walking would take 182 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,622 miles [9,047.7 km] and it lies to the north (N).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,331 miles [10,188.8 km] and it lies to the north (N).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,833 miles [7,778 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Alexanders Village. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Alexanders Village) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Alexanders Village. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Alexanders Village
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alexanders Village. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 66.7883, Longitude: -145.4369 In this case, the coordinates for Alexanders Village have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Alexanders Village to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 0.578 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 4.901 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 342.656 degrees.||