Around Aleneva ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Kodiak. It is located about 26 miles [41 km] to the southeast of Aleneva. Kodiak has a population of 5,800 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Port Lions.
It is located about 13 miles [ km] to the south of Aleneva and has a population of 180 people.
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Aleut Village
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Aleut Village have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aleut Village
- Aleut Village lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Aleneva
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aleut Village
- Port Lions
- Port Wakefield
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Port Wakefield have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Port Wakefield
- Port Wakefield lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the west of Aleneva
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Port Wakefield
- Womens Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Womens Bay have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Womens Bay
- Womens Bay lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the south of Aleneva
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Womens Bay
Curious and Interesting Names Near Aleneva ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Aleneva.
Airports Near Aleneva ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Aleneva and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Aleneva.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Alaska:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Aleneva. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Aleneva.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Aleneva) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Aleneva. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Aleneva
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Aleneva. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 58.0600, Longitude: -152.9097 In this case, the coordinates for Aleneva have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Aleneva), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|