Around Aleksashkina ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Kodiak. It lies immediately northwest of Aleksashkina. Kodiak has a population of 5,800 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Port Lions.
It is located about 20 miles [ km] to the west of Aleksashkina and has a population of 180 people.
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Aleneva have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aleneva
- Aleneva lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Aleksashkina
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aleneva
- Aleut Village
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Aleut Village have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aleut Village
- Aleut Village lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Aleksashkina
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aleut Village
- Port Lions
- Womens Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Womens Bay have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Womens Bay
- Womens Bay lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the southwest of Aleksashkina
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Womens Bay
Curious and Interesting Names Near Aleksashkina ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Aleksashkina.
Airports Near Aleksashkina ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Aleksashkina and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Aleksashkina.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Alaska:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Aleksashkina. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Aleksashkina.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Aleksashkina) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Aleksashkina. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 57.7800, Longitude: -152.3553 In this case, the coordinates for Aleksashkina have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Aleksashkina), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|