Around Alcan Border ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Beaver Creek (YT). It is located about 25 miles [40 km] to the southeast of Alcan Border. Beaver Creek (YT) has a population of 100 people.<1>.
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Alcan Border.<2>
- Charlieskin Village
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Charlieskin Village have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Charlieskin Village
- Charlieskin Village lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the northwest of Alcan Border
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Charlieskin Village
- Northway Junction
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Northway Junction have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Northway Junction
- Northway Junction lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the northwest of Alcan Border
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Northway Junction
- Northway Village
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Northway Village have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Northway Village
- Northway Village lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Alcan Border
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Northway Village
- Beaver Creek
Curious and Interesting Names Near Alcan Border ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Alcan Border.
Airports Near Alcan Border ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Alcan Border and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Alcan Border.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Alaska:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Alcan Border. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Alcan Border.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Alcan Border) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Alcan Border. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Alcan Border
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alcan Border. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 62.7231, Longitude: -141.1881 In this case, the coordinates for Alcan Border have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Alcan Border), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|