Welcome to Smith ...
Smith is 1,870 feet [570 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Smith lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Smith: (780) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Smith: T0G<3>
Communities Also Named Smith ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found that there are 35 communities that are also named Smith - they are located in Alabama (2), Arkansas, California (2), Delaware, Florida (2), Indiana (3), Kentucky (2), Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi (3), Missouri (2), Nevada, New Mexico (3), North Carolina (3), Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina (2), Tennessee, Texas and Utah.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Smith.
Communities near Smith ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Smith.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chisholm
- Chisholm lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the south of Smith.
- Chisholm has also been known as:
- Chisholm Mills
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chisholm
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hondo
- Hondo lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the south of Smith.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hondo came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hondo
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grosmont
- Grosmont lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<4> to the southeast of Smith.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grosmont
- Island Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Island Lake
- Island Lake lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Smith.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Island Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Island Lake
- Island Lake South
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Island Lake South
- Island Lake South lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<4> to the southeast of Smith.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Island Lake South came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Island Lake South
- Slave Lake
- Centre Calling Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Centre Calling Lake
- Centre Calling Lake lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<4> to the east of Smith.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Centre Calling Lake
- White Gull
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for White Gull
- White Gull lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<4> to the southeast of Smith.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for White Gull came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on White Gull
- Calling Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Calling Lake
- Calling Lake lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<4> to the east of Smith.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Calling Lake
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Smith ...
Looking for more information about Smith? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Smith, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Smith.
Adding Smith to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
The earliest source that we've referenced which mentioned Smith was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Smith.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Smith. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Smith - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Smith). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Smith or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Smith) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Smith. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from SmithOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Smith. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.1631, Longitude: -114.0382 |
|<5>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|