Our Genealogy Helper for Pickardville ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Pickardville (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Pickardville. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Pickardville:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Pickardville ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Pickardville.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Pickardville covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- St. Michael's Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Westlock Town Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Westlock Town Cemetery
- Westlock Town Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the north of Pickardville.
- Westlock Town Cemetery has also been known as:
- Westlock Town Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Westlock Town Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2353171<2>
- Forest Hill Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Forest Hill Cemetery
- Forest Hill Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the south of Pickardville.
- Forest Hill Cemetery has also been known as:
- Busby Public Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Forest Hill Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2326570<2>
- St. Wolodymyr Greek Orthodox Cemetery
- Hazel Bluff United Church Cemetery
- Manola Cemetery
- Epiphany Lutheran of Sion Cemetery
- Legal Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Legal Cemetery
- Legal Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the southeast of Pickardville.
- Legal Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Emile Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Legal Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2221853<2>
- St. Luke's Anglican of Sion Cemetery
- Sion United Church Cemetery
- Our Lady of Lourdes Cemetery
- Alexander First Nations Cemetery
- Continue List (45 more) ...
- St. Francis Xavier Roman Catholic (RC) Cemetery
- Barrhead Community Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Barrhead Community Cemetery
- Barrhead Community Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the west of Pickardville.
- Barrhead Community Cemetery has also been known as:
- Anglican Cemetery
- Barrhead Municipal Cemetery
- East Lawn Cemetery
- Eastlawn United Church Cemetery
- St. Anne's RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Barrhead Community Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2287812<2>
- Dapp Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Dapp Cemetery
- Dapp Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the north of Pickardville.
- Dapp Cemetery has also been known as:
- Dapp Community Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dapp Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2382064<2>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Pickardville. See our List of 1890's Communities around Pickardville.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Pickardville
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Pickardville. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Pickardville) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Pickardville. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from PickardvilleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Pickardville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.0623, Longitude: -113.8970 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|